Purpose of Life is always looking for qualified, committed people to join our team. You will provide aid for people who may be disabled, chronically ill, cognitively impaired, and/or elders who need assistance in their homes or family residences. You will help them maintain as much independence as possible. May also provide light housekeeping duties such as home management and meal preparation. Our employees must show the ability to be nurturing, empathetic, honest, and trustworthy, as well as the ability to perform the home health care skills needed.
Must work 20 hours minimum each week. $9-14 per hour.
- High school diploma or GED, and ability to follow instructions
- Minimum of one year direct service preferred
- CNA or MA certification preferred
- Must have and maintain Direct Care Certificate. Please see www.dhs.pa.gov for certificate. Home Health Aides must have 40 hours of home health aid training, and be proficient in personal care skills before rendering service to clients.
- Must have valid PA state photo ID and reliable transportation
- Must have training in first aid, CPR, and pass a physical including Step 2 TB test
- Must pass criminal and child abuse background checks and provide two personal references.
- Must complete an FBI fingerprint clearance if not a Pennsylvania resident for at least two years.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
The Office of Development Program Aides must have the above requirements as well as:
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must have a car with current registration and insurance.
Home Health Care Aides for Autism must complete Autism Spectrum Training.